Do you adjust your 3D views in Revit every time you open a new project or switch between viewports? Fortunately, there are two ways to lock your 3D views and save your preferred orientation for instant access.
Method 1 – Lock 3D View
Details: Use the Lock 3D View feature.
- In the view control bar, click the house lock icon.
- Click “Save Orientation and Lock View”.
Once you have locked the view, you can only pan, zoom in and zoom out. This feature also saves the current orientation.
✨ Tip: After unlocking, you can return to the saved orientation by clicking “Restore Orientation and Lock View”.
When a view is locked, the ViewCube is disabled. How can we save multiple unlocked views?
Method 2 – Save View
Details: Save your 3D view as independent.
- Right-click on the ViewCube in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Select “Save View” from the menu that appears.
- Assign a name for the new 3D view.
- Click OK.
Your saved view will now appear under the “3D Views” section in the Project Browser on the left side of the screen.
For more information about the ViewCube, see our earlier post about rotating 3D models.