My design is automatically saved to the cloud when I press the home button. But I also save my designs as 3D files for later use. In this tutorial, you’ll learn three different ways to save your project.
Details: Automatically save your designs as you work on them.
- Make changes to your design.
- Click the Tinkercad icon on the upper left side.
Details: Export design files to keep a copy of your current project.
- Go to Export > Download tab > For 3D Print panel.
- Select a 3D file format to download.
With a 3D file, the project remains accessible at all times. When I am not connected to the internet, I can import the stl, obj and svg file into another offline design and modeling application.
Details: Save an image of your design to your computer files.
- Go to Send To > Picture of your design panel.
- Click the round export icon.
A picture is necessary to show others what you have designed!
Just below the option to save images, there is an option to convert my basic shapes into Fusion 360, which allows me to easily transfer conceptual designs into advanced modeling and rendering software.